Das Haus Booking Policy
To book a reservation and secure dates for staying at Das Haus, a Security Deposit will be authorized against a credit card and will not be charged unless damage is incurred to the property during the visit, or excessive cleaning is required after check out.
The security deposit / credit card authorization required at the time of booking is $500.
Once the place is returned in good condition, the $500 authorization will be released from your card.
Check-in is after 4 pm on the date you arrive and check out is by 10 am on the day you leave. For example; if the reservation is booked from July 1 – July 7, check in is after 4 pm on July 1 and check out is by 10 am on July 7.
Das Haus is expected to be empty by 10 am on the check out date. If prior arrangements are not made for a late check out, and the home is not empty by 10 am, an additional day will be charged against the deposit.
The rental fee will be charged 1 month prior to check-in.
If the reservation must be cancelled:
- With 1 month + notice, the rental will not be charged
- With less than one month notice, the deposit will be released if the unit can be rented for the dates.
- With less than a month notice, if another booking cannot be made for the cancelled dates, the deposit will be charged.
For reservations made within 1 month of the visit, the full rental will be charged upon booking.
Cats are not allowed. Dogs are negotiable. If you are traveling with a dog(s), it must be announced at the time of booking. Pet fees and an additional deposit may apply based on type of dog, size, etc.
Check Out Policy
Please leave Das Haus in the condition you found it in, or better!
We ask guests to please do the following at check out:
- Place used towels, linens, bedding, etc in a pile at the washing machine. Since we don’t always know what was used, this is very helpful.
- Place trash and recycling in the bins located in the garage / gear room.
- Close all doors and windows.
- If furniture is moved during the stay, please return furniture to the original position.
- Leave the Guest Key on the kitchen counter.
- Ensure appliances (stove, etc) are turned off.
- Lock the front door when you are finished.
Once the home is cleaned, with no damage found or excessive cleaning required, the deposit will be released.
If damage is incurred to the property during your stay, photos will be taken and provided to the Guest, for reference, with costs associated to remediate.